Many older adults have concerns about falling and limiting their activities. A Matter of Balance is an award-winning program designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase activity levels. The program consists of eight, 2-hour classes and focuses on simple plans to manage falls.
Participants will learn to:
• See that falls are controllable
• Set goals for increasing activity
• Make changes to lessen chances of falling at home
• Improve movement, balance and strength
Who should attend?
• Anyone concerned about falls
• Anyone interested in improving balance, movement and strength
• Anyone who has had a fall in the past
• Anyone who has changed their activities because of concerns for falling
Admission is FREE, but registration is required because class size is limited.