The Frisco Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with DallasHR, will present the 2016 inaugural HR Summit March 30 at the Collin College Preston Ridge Campus Conference Center, 9700 Wade Blvd. in Frisco.
Human resource professionals will give presentations covering topics ranging from from social media to employee handbooks.
The summit will begin with registration and a continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m. with sessions beginning at 8:20 a.m.
Speakers and topics include:
- FLSA Proposed Changes – Kelly Massad of Scheef & Stone
- Social Media in the Workplace – Kimberly S. Moore of Strasburger & Price LLP
- Violence in the Workplace – John Hagan of Hagan Law Group
- Employee Handbooks – Dustin Paschal of Simon | Paschal
- Policy updates from the Texas Association of Business – Cathy DeWitt
This program has been submitted to the HR Certificate Institute and SHRM for review. Once the recertification credits have been approved through DallasHR, certified attendees will be able to update their language to state how many hours have been approved by each for recertification credit.
Frisco Chamber of Commerce members and DallasHR members receive a special discounted rate for this event, if registrations are made by Feb. 29. Register at friscochamber.com.