Kendrick E. Johnson goes 1-on-1 with McKinney ISD athletic director Shawn Pratt as they go behind the scenes of the new $70 million MISD football stadium scheduled to open Aug. 30th.
After 17 months of anticipation, McKinney ISD and the city of McKinney will unveil the city’s new $70 million crown jewel Thursday night when MISD Stadium officially opens.
The stadium garnered so much buzz during its construction phase, people across the country, from former President George W. Bush to Shaquille O’Neal, have been interested in its completion.
MISD Stadium Behind the Numbers
• Cost $70 million to complete
• Holds 12,000 at full capacity
• Home of the largest true HD video board in a Texas high school stadium
• 8,000-square-foot Community Event Center (CEC)
• CEC will accommodate up to 500 people in a banquet-style arrangement
• CEC will accommodate up to 800 people in a lecture-style arrangement
• 2,400 parking spaces
• Four locker rooms
• Took 17 months to complete