Kendrick E. Johnson goes 1-on-1 with McKinney ISD athletic director Shawn Pratt as they go behind the scenes of the new $70 million MISD football stadium scheduled to open Aug. 30th.
After 17 months of anticipation, McKinney ISD and the city of McKinney will unveil the city’s new $70 million crown jewel Thursday night when MISD Stadium officially opens.
The stadium garnered so much buzz during its construction phase, people across the country, from former President George W. Bush to Shaquille O’Neal, have been interested in its completion.
MISD Stadium Behind the Numbers
• Cost $70 million to complete
• Holds 12,000 at full capacity
• Home of the largest true HD video board in a Texas high school stadium
• 8,000-square-foot Community Event Center (CEC)
• CEC will accommodate up to 500 people in a banquet-style arrangement
• CEC will accommodate up to 800 people in a lecture-style arrangement
• 2,400 parking spaces
• Four locker rooms
• Took 17 months to complete
As featured on
- Mesquite man among worldwide takedown
- Prosper house destroyed by fire
- Crews work to clean up debris after severe storms
- Frisco tabbed fastest growing city for jobs
- Coming home: West Mesquite alum joins pro team
- Coppell Middle School to host Veterans Day Ceremony
- Taylor announces Congressional Veteran Commendation recipients
- Children’s flu vaccine available
What do you think?
- Plano fire engineer found dead in McKinney home
- Plano man killed by debris on US 75
- Flower Mound still has questions to answer regarding short-term rental ordinance
- McKinney ISD staffer takes first in State Fair art contest
- 2019 Mesquite Nov. 5 mayoral, city council candidates
- Little Elm police arrest suspects in connection with Braswell brawl
- Little Elm approves redistricting plan
- Missing man out of Mesquite
- Shilson named Frisco police chief
- Mesquite celebrates the 15th anniversary of Addressing Mesquite Day by helping 102 homeowners