With high school football's district schedule in full swing, Star Local Media looks back on a week that produced a number of upsets around the area.
Matt Welch, Devin Hasson and David Wolman discuss a few teams that found the win column in unexpected fashion last week, including a major rivalry win for North Mesquite (1:45), followed by a look around the first week in 6-6A, headlined by Plano West stunning Lewisville (6:13), McKinney North tripping up Tyler in its 7-5A Division I opener (20:25), The Colony bouncing back against Frisco Centennial and Reedy surprising Independence in 5-5A Div. I (23:42), Sachse impressing against Garland (30:15) and McKinney Boyd's new-look offense torching Denton Braswell in 5-6A (33:55).
As featured on
- Mesquite sees decreases in crime
- Prescribed burn to take place at The Flower Mound
- No injuries in officer-involved shooting after vehicle stolen in Mesquite
- Frisco firefighters respond to house fire
- Collin County constable-elect dies after illness
- Plano police arrest robbery suspect
- Coppell to host holiday scavenger hunt
- Here's how hosting the New Mexico Bowl could economically impact Frisco