During the June 25 Garland ISD regular board of trustees meeting, the board recognized 12 campuses that claimed the title, 2018-19 Texas Honor Roll schools.
This distinction is granted annually by the Educational Results Partnership and recognizes public elementary, middle and high schools that demonstrate consistently high levels of academic achievement, including college readiness, as well as improvement in achievement over time and reduction in achievement gaps.
“In addition to receiving a congratulatory banner that announces their accomplishment, honorees are also highlighted on the Educational Results Partnership website so that other educators, as well policymakers, can study their success and attempt to replicate it. Just 855 campuses across the state earned this year’s designation,” said Mida Milligan, executive director of Communications & Public Relations.
GISD’s 12 winners include:
• Beaver Technology Center for Math and Science
• Classical Center at Brandenburg Middle School
• Classical Center at Vial Elementary School
• Hillside Academy for Excellence
• Jackson Technology Center for Math and Science
• Kimberlin Academy for Excellence
• Lakeview Centennial High School
• North Garland High School
• Roach Elementary School
• Sachse High School
• Spring Creek Elementary School
• Walnut Glen Academy for Excellence
Principals Amber Hope, Elise Mosty, Beatris Martinez, Sonya Palmer, David Dunphy, Tammy Sullivan, Maresa Bailey, Dr. Glenda Williams, Aurora Trichell, Shae Creel, Sue Sheridan and Lisa Alexander were presented with certificates for Evidence of Excellence.