If you are just starting your career, or if you're ready to move up in the world, Star Local Media has positions available on our local sales team for the Dallas area.
Are you able to work autonomously at a quick and efficient pace? Are you tuned in to the variety of ways today’s media connects business with its customers? If so, you will be at home with Star Local Media
We consider it our duty to help make local business successful. In today’s progressive world of media and marketing, businesses need advice on effective solutions. Star Local Media provides both the answers and the products through intelligent sales consultants who can foster long term client relationships.
· Goal oriented
· Great communicator
· Relationship builder
· Strong organizational skills
· Positive attitude
Sales team member will prospect for new accounts, package proposals, close the sale, and service the account, while developing long term relationships with our customers.
· Previous sales experience preferred, but not required
· High School Diploma required, B.A./B.S. preferred
· Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The position offers a base salary plus commission and a competitive benefits package.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo
Star Local Media, the parent company of 14 community publications across North Texas, is looking for a multimedia community reporter. The multimedia community reporter provides coverage of stories within the newspaper’s circulation area. This involves collecting information, interviewing individuals and writing stories, taking photos, shooting video clips and posting to our website.
FT Multimedia Community Reporter
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collects information, conducts interviews, and writes stories about news events and newsworthy personalities.
2. Interviews individuals to gain information, insight and perspective on stories – determines which information will make the story interesting and appropriate while maintaining the accuracy of the reporting.
3. Possesses a thorough knowledge of libel and questions and/or removes any such copy from news articles.
4. Applies knowledge of local landmarks, history, businesses and prominent residents in doing story research, interviewing and reporting.
5. Establishes and maintains news sources.
6. Ensures that spelling, grammar, syntax and quotes are accurate and correct.
7. Manages workload to meet deadlines.
8. Critically reads the newspaper daily.
9. Performs all related duties
Educational Requirements: B.S. degree
Experience Requirements: 1 to 3 years daily newspaper experience
- Creative, quick-thinking reporting skills
- Strong writer
- Able to cover multiple subjects, including news and sports
- Positive personality
- Eager to take on and complete projects
- Strong leadership potential
- Functions well in a team environment
- Strong copy editor
- Strong proof reader
- Understands online journalism and social media
- Comfortable shooting video and photography with mobile devices or cameras
We offer an hourly salary as well as medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending account.
Equal Opportunity Employer