The city of The Colony administration and emergency management staff have been working around the clock since Sunday’s severe weather incident to assist affected residents and safeguard property.
Moving forward, the next phase primarily involves clean-up and repairs.
The following resources are available to residents:
- · A drop-off site for storm debris has been set up in the east parking lot of The Colony Five Star Complex, 4552 Paige Road. The site will remain open until Friday at noon.
- · Residents who require assistance cleaning storm debris from their property or who wish to volunteer for such work may contact Community Outreach Officer Danny Dill at 972-624- 3160 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A volunteer clean-up day will be scheduled once an assessment of needs and resources has been completed.
- · Large storm debris will be collected beginning Monday, with extended green waste pickup throughout the week. Please cut and bundle tree limbs to 5 feet or less so they will fit in the truck. Larger debris unable to be cut and bundled can be placed street-side on curb without blocking sidewalks.
As residents begin to undertake repairs, also please keep in mind the following:
- · The city’s Community Image Department has launched a new tool-lending program called The Colony Cares, in which residents may checkout a variety of common home improvement tools for use on their property – free of charge. Tools include, but are not limited to: gas-powered lawn mowers; weed trimmers; blowers; shovels; ladders; pruning shears; hedge trimmers; and safety gear.
For more info, visit https://www.thecolonytx.gov/1119/TheColony-Cares-Tool-Lending-Program or contact Danny Dill at 972-624-3160 or by email at email@example.com. Facebook.com/TheColonyTexas TheColonyTx.gov Twitter.com/TheColonyTexas
- · Building permits will not be required unless you are replacing 100 percent of the roof-deck or more than 50 percent of fencing. For more info on fencing, see the following link: thecolonytx.gov/DocumentCenter/View/638/Fence--Retaining-Wall-PDF?bidId.
For more information or questions, contact the city’s Customer Service Department at 972-625-1756.